My tween loves to craft and be creative. I enjoy crafting alongside her because she is almost on the same level I am. We try to find crafts and activities that work for the whole family, but sometimes it is nice to have activities specific for my older kids. These crafts and activities are winter themed and perfect for tweens who want to get into the holiday or winter feel but need a challenge at the same time.
25+ Winter Crafts For Tweens
- Art is a great way for tweens to express themselves. These 10 art projects are a great place to start!
- Do you have a Star Wars enthusiast? These Star Wars Snowflakes are more than your average paper snowflakes! On the other hand if your tween is more of a Minecraft fan, check these out.
- The holidays are a time for family togetherness and playing games is the perfect way to spend some quality time together. Holiday Charades may just be the winner this season.
- When you are a tween, your bedroom is ‘your space’. The space where you can make your own and these monogrammed wall art ideas are the perfect way to decorate!
- Tween girls seem to love accessories and now they can make their own winter inspired earrings with this easy tutorial!
- If your tween likes sculpting, these pipe cleaner and noodle reindeer will make a perfect afternoon activity.
- Decorating cookies is a classic winter activity but adding designs like these can make a creative tween super happy!
- These personalized gift tags are stinkin’ adorable! Tweens love glitter so these would not only be fun to make but also fun to add to gifts!
- These snowflakes are so creative, they remind me of how individual real snowflakes are – each one is different from the other. A fun way to let your tween express their creativity.
- These snowflakes are also gorgeous. I love how they turned into ornaments and would also be great to add to the top of a gift.
- Recycle unneeded paper to make this gorgeous statement piece, a Christmas tree. Kids of all ages will enjoy this activity!
- It is easier for tweens to work with small pieces, than it is for little ones, so these wine cork reindeer is a perfect craft for tweens! While you’re making the reindeer, save a few to make these adorable snowmen too!
- Giving handmade gifts is such a nice and heartwarming thing to do. These yummy packages are super cute and anyone would love to receive them!
- Advent calendars are a must in our house and this is such a fun project to create your own.
- Reading is a fabulous activity for tweens, especially when it is cold outside. These winter themed chapter books are perfect for this time of year! If you’re looking for books that the whole family will enjoy, these read aloud books are great choices.
- Another fun way to make your own ornaments is with beads. Tweens can make their own patterns and choose their own colors to make gorgeous ornaments! These ornaments with spools are fabulous too!
- Another fun DIY Christmas decoration is luminaries. These painted luminaries are so cute and would make a great winter afternoon project!
- Stained glass is a classic craft for kids that tweens will enjoy too. These snowflakes are so beautiful!
- Another way to make luminaries is with tin cans. Tweens will love personalizing these lanterns for all year round or the holidays!
- These luminaries are perfect if you are looking for a winter theme versus a holiday or Christmas theme. They can easily be personalized as well!
Have a happy and crafty holiday season!